Sunday 9 September 2018

There's a lot going on

I haven't updated the blog lately as my life has been (and still is) hectic. New job, new skills to learn and a new way of life.

Since I lost a little weight (2 stone) I found that my energy had increased, my pain decreased and I began to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

My new job is very demanding and stretches me in ways I thought were no longer possible. I can be on my feet for many hours, driving for hours and doing strenuous repetitive movements that, only a year ago, seemed impossible.

I am no longer exhausted when I get home. I'm tired, but it's a good kind of tired. I feel that I have accomplished something.

I have been able to reduce my pain meds and I have been sleeping a little better. My weight loss had plateaued but now, I have found inspiration to keep going and the results are starting to happen again.

I also get out and about exploring abandoned buildings and ancient ruins - much better than sitting in front of the TV!

So what, why , how?

All I can say is that I have taken back my life. I refuse to let this illness - fibromyalgia - define me. I also have TN (Trigeminal neuralgia) but that too, seems to have eased off a bit. Perhaps the winter will set me back a little but I'm not afraid to face it.


Some pics of an old folly I recently explored with some friends #healthyliving #fibrowarrior




No comments:

Post a Comment