Friday 14 October 2016

Pain can be Scary

Another tough day. The anti inflammatory gel seemed to help but it was still hard to get through my work day.

As my chest and back pain was still so bad, I thought I should check with my doctor, that it wasn't anything more serious. I almost wish I hadn't.

My blood pressure was extremely high so I had to have it taken four times. Then, because I had such severe pain in my upper back (between my shoulder blades), the doctor decided to check my blood pressure on both arms.

I told her that my chest wall was sensitive to the touch and when she eventually examined me, found that it was indeed painful as I had said.

This was good news. She told me that if I didn't have this pain to the touch, she would have arranged an ambulance to take me to the nearest cardiac ward!

The reason she checked my blood pressure on both arms was because she was afraid that I might have a torn or leaking aorta! The fact that I had so much pain when she pressed on my chest (with a light pressure) made her think it might be a torn muscle instead. It was touch and go! She kept making me promise that I was telling the truth about the pain and that I hadn't felt any dizziness or sickness.

She reluctantly let me come home but I had to promise that I would contact her tomorrow if I have any other symptoms.

I still have to go back next week to get my blood pressure re-checked and if I feel sick or dizzy I have to make an emergency doctor's appointment and will be sent to hospital.

So, tonight I must rest and hopefully will feel better tomorrow.

The moral of my story is: Don't take chances. Even though we think we know what is wrong with us, it is always best to get a doctor's opinion - Just in case. There are many things that have similar symptoms, so leave it to the expert to diagnose.

Gentle Hugs


Related Articles






No comments:

Post a Comment